Friday, February 12, 2010

Slowly Breaking Through To Daylight

Well, be careful what you name your journal! Had I chosen "Mastering Mediocrity" or "Bolstering the Banal", things might be quite different right now.

Any change we make, however large or small, has a ripple effect that extends into infinity (remember the commercials about the stampeding animals that somehow stir up a duststorm that causes a weather disturbance that takes out your electricity so you can't blow dry your hair and are late to work? That kind of thing). It's true...I think that's why I've always been so paralyzed by change, because I can't foresee all the ramifications of my choices or control all of the consequences. It's easier to do nothing and stagnate in a big ol' rut.

Although I haven't been perfect with my eating (or my organizing) lately, I've been doing better. I've really been cutting down on my sodium and I'm retaining a lot less water. I've felt better. I got a haircut, which everyone at work noticed (it looks like TV lawyer hair, and is pretty and ultra-professional). And probably not because of my hair but it didn't hurt...my boss sent out feelers to see if I'd be interested in a promotion (if the salary is right, yes). So we'll see...

It's tough to love change though...it's tough to trust that everything will be okay. A local road is in the planning stages and might end up going through or behind my house, my lovely house in my friendly neighborhood that we bought before the real estate bubble burst. Sigh. But if I have to end up moving, maybe that would be for the best, too. Fearing that isn't going to make my life any better whether it comes to pass or passes me by.

Feeling philosophical tonight :).

No comments:

Post a Comment