Friday, February 5, 2010

Not A Rousing Success, But I'll Take It

Friday is my weigh-in day...I was about the same weight/fat percentage as last week, but I'm hormonally resplendent at present so I probably did lose some fat (my monthly usually shows up as fat on the scale...go figure). We'll see...I lost inches around my middle, and THAT'S far more important. Plus, I was looking at the numbers and I've lost 10 pounds since the 1st Friday of last month. Some of it's water because I've been reducing my sodium, but that's still amazing. Although I want to focus on my efforts and not results for Feb., I'm secretly hoping in my heart of hearts to get under 300 pounds this month (it's doable if the effort is there and if my body is willing. I hate the strain my body feels under all the weight I have now, and it would be great to be under 300 for my OB/Gyn appointment in March. It's a goal)!

My eating was not terrible so much as too much, too much, too much. Friday is my "indulgence day" and I'm usually good about moderation, but I've had a stressful week and rain and flooding makes me emotionally nervous (PTSD from a hurricane a few years back...nothing worse than a lot of ceiling damage happened, but it was enough to make me dread the wet stuff. I'm better than I was). Anyway, I had some healthy choices for a treat (Amy's Nacho snacks, a small portion of corn chips with 2% cheese), and then my husband brought home Five Guys (I'm mostly vegetarian but I get the "Veggie" sandwich and add my own veggie burger at home)...and the fries. Oh, the fries! My downfall. I ate more than I intended and then drank Pepsi throwback (no HFCS, but that doesn't make it good for you). I'm not physically ill right now from my choices, but I can tell I had too much sodium and I'm just...disappointed. I think I need to just settle for one small indulgence treat on a Friday and just be especially mindful when I get stressed that I don't eat needlessly.

On the plus side, I at least have a plan for tomorrow. I had to go easy on the exercise today because I pulled a muscle, but I was still active. I bought a ton of veggies at the grocery store and have carved time tomorrow to actually steam some of them. And I got my air purifiers up and running to improve the air quality in my house...I was a good deal calmer than usual having a stressful day. Today was definitely baby steps (and eating-wise kind of a drunken stumble), but I'm not going to beat myself up for it. If it's a learning experience it is worth it! Even if the greasy fries and the sugary soft drink really (sadly) weren't. Bygones.

No comments:

Post a Comment